RIA Ethiopia Sports is a social sports management business founded by passionate men and women with the main objective of promoting trail running, healthy lifestyle, while addressing social and environmental challenges in Ethiopia. Among the founders is athlete Gebregziabher Gebremariam, two times winner of New York Marathon, Boston Marathon and a number of African and World cross country championships.
We envision Ethiopia becoming one of the main trail running destinations in Africa.
Our mission is to organize high quality, environmentally friendly and sustainable sport events that meet full international standards and bring positive social, economic and environmental impacts. We promote responsible event management with maximum respect to local culture and the environment.
Our objectives are:
- To promote the benefits of active lifestyle and adventure sports among the public.
- To contribute to the protection of the country’snatural resources through environmental awareness raising using sport events.
- To support the provision of basic social services and offer alternative employment opportunities to rural communities, particularly youth and women, through sport tourism.
- To promote a positive and attractive image of Ethiopia by showing its rich cultural, historical and natural attractions.
- To provide new opportunities for young Ethiopian athletes to showcase their talents and raise Ethiopia´s name in trail running alike in road running.
RIA Ethiopia Sports has a very highly motivated and experienced professional team in promoting and delivering world class sport events.
WORK WITH US
There are currently no vacancies available. However, we are always keen to meet energetic, motivated and talented professionals who would like to join our team.
The work of RIA Ethiopia Sports would not be possible without the support of our volunteers and collaborators. We accept volunteers to join our team. If you are interested in joining us and volunteering at RIA Ethiopia Sports, please send us an email.